January 13, 2006

guitar for girls.


I went to the music store today and picked up this awesome DVD called Guitar for Girls - I know, I know, hahaha, it sounds gay, but it's really great, hahaha, no joke. There's this girl on there in her late 20s teaching you how to play properly and she goes from the basics without making you feel dumb, hahaha. Although, she did compare buying guitars to buying shoes.. ughm, yeah, ok.

Anyway, the best part about this DVD is that she also talks specifically about singing and songwriting, including how to make up a melody. It was soooo cool and easy that I even wrote one melody for a song that I will work on this weekend. Best buy ever. (well, not really.. but pretty damn close)

ALSO, the other thing that rocks is that I actually, from pure memory, learned how to play the beginning of Jason Mraz's song "Bella Luna" ..YES! go me, and my devirginised fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

...but who's counting?
visitors