February 15, 2006

mmmm, latté.

There is this one little amazing no-name coffee shop by my work, which is also connected to a sushi restaurant, that makes the best café latté ever.
.
Since these lattés are pretty fattening I can only treat myself every once in a while, but when I do, I am stress-free for the rest of the day. But it's not just the latté that makes my day, it's the whole experience.
.
I either bundle up or put on some sunglasses (depending on the weather), put on some peaceful music, and slowly stroll my way over, without a care in the world - it's just me, my feet and my music.
.
I am always greeted with a smile when I get there, whether it's one of the two ladies or the one gentleman, they always have a smile on their face and it spreads like magic. While I wait for my latté, sometimes the server and I will make small chat about the weather, or I will stand by the window, consumed by the peacefulness while people read their morning paper, or favourite book, enjoying the jazz playing in the background and looking out the window.
.
I was once lucky to be there at a time when an older lady, around 70 years old, was sitting by herself drinking tea and admiring everyone. She then started talking to everyone in the shop about how she used to live at that exact corner 50 years ago, and told us about all the things that have changed and how much. It was an incredible story to hear, and you can only imagine what she felt like being where she grew up, 50 years later.
.
Often times, by the time I get back, whatever consumed me before I left, no longer matters, and my mind is so peaceful and happy that nothing can disrupt it.
.
mmmm, latté.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

...but who's counting?
visitors