February 04, 2006

karaoke.

Last night I went out with a few friends for Karaoke Night at Upfront Bar & Grill, and it was quite a hit (no pun intended).

Getting there:

It was interesting from the start as Radek and I are now quite skilled at always getting lost everywhere we go. This time? Exiting a garage parking lot.

We took the "Emergency Exit" which has the "No re-entry" sign. We not only noticed the sign, but we actually discussed it and said "ohh it just means you can't come back in - it takes you straight outside... we're cool". Except the outside ended up being a long, dark and narrow alleyway which seemed endless on both sides and a really high fence on the other side. We eventually decided to get back to the door and start banging on the door for help until someone let us out. A plea to all my friends: when driving around looking for a parking spot, please check to make sure no one is stuck in the emergency exits - you might save someone.
.
Oh, and Radek, something just dawned on me. You know how we were making a comment about how hard it was to find a proper exit, and what would happen if there was an emergency? Ughm, I think they would use the emergency exits we tried using. Exactly how drunk were we? (kidding kids, I don't drink & drive)

Walking to the bar was an adventure as well, as we were given the right address to the wrong bar, so we took a nice stroll up and down Front Street. Just so you know, it was warmer going east than west.

The singing:

Rick sang, and even danced a little. He is the Karaoke King!

...When Doves Cry by Prince
.
...Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen



I sang (no dancing for me, no one had money):

...You and I Both by Jason Mraz

...Hunter by Dido




We sang:

...You're The One That I Want from Grease

...L-O-V-E by Natalie Cole


Kris actually sang too, but I don't have a picture of him singing (or of Ada for that matter, who also sang). But him and Hien cheered on well (ok, ok, they laughed at us):

...Mrs. Robinson by Simon & Garfunkel



And even Radek helped out. He is the Tambourine King:

Getting back:

On our way back, it took us about 10 minutes to find my car (Agata, I was reminded of your birthday, haha), and then we had trouble getting out because you can't pay at the gate where you're exiting... oh no, that would make too much sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

...but who's counting?
visitors