April 25, 2006

greedy much?

A woman in my office building won $5 million playing 6/49 earlier this month. She obviously quit her job with notice, and she's still in the process of training her replacement.
.
Earlier today, two of my co-workers saw the woman coming up on the elevator while scratching her Bingo card, and I have a few problems with this. Then again, don't I always? hahhaha.
.
My first and instant reaction is: Ohhhh I'm sorry.... was $5 million not enough for you that you must play to win even more? I mean, really? Why don't you win another $500,000 while you're at it? hahaha.
.
Then smaller things come into play. Ok, so let's agree that she's greedy and thinks she has some luck in her to win again - must she do it in an elevator when everyone knows she already won a big sum?!? It's like she's trying to rub it in our faces that she's won, and we haven't, and she'll soon be on her way to doing nothing for the rest of her life except dine at exquisit restaurants, travelling the world and living in a villa somewhere with a huge pool in her huge backyard. Yes, I'll have some of that rub please. Now please and go scratch your $5 million worth of Bingo cards at your villa, please. Thank you.
.
So why am I annoyed by this enough to post it on my blog? First and foremost, this reminds me how much of a gap there is between the rich and the poor, and while any plain bloke would be happy and settled with $5 million (I know I would), she must go and spend those precious bingo cards that might have a winner, which a family working hard to make a living could very well use? Leave it for someone else to be happy and change their lives like it's changed hers, sheeesh.
.
When I first found out that she had won, I was actually happy because she works for a non-profit organization, which shall remain unnamed, so I thought that a cause was more important to her than money. But it's funny (in a sad way) how a large sum of money can suddenly change you to thinking about even more money, and want more and more.
..
And I'm not gonna lie, yes, this is also my jelousy that I wasn't the one to win the big bucks, hahahha, considering I played that night too and my parents believed that having it been my birthday, that I would have had luck and we would be saved of the everyday money stressors. I mean, I'm not gonna lie that I wouldn't want to win that kind of money. However, if I ever do win, you won't be seeing me playing to get more, that's for sure. I'd invest some, donate some, and make sure that my dearest friends and family are without money problems. I don't want to be rich, I just want to be financially secure and happy, thankyouverymuch.
.
Oh yeah, and I'm venting cause I'm sick and miserable too, hahaha. Dammit!! Wasn't I just sick not too long ago? Stupid changing weather... but that's another post for another day, hahaha.
.
Now back to bed so I can rest and watch American Idol and House, whoohooo.

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two things to think about:
1. She obviously likes playing Bingo and now she can afford all the Bingo cards she wants.
2. Maybe she is addicted to lotteries.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just watch Deal or no deal and you'll see how greedy people are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

...but who's counting?
visitors