March 28, 2006

going up?


So here's a little story for you all, which very much amused me. Upon returning home from work, I watched a man in my building today press the UP button to call the elevator to the main floor, where you can see which floor each elevator is.

He was obviously in a hurry because he went up a couple of times and pressed the UP button each time... though, emm, buddy, pressing UP 5 times won't make it come any faster, sorry.

But anyway, one of the elevators was on the 3rd floor, approaching us at the ground floor, when in a complete rush, the same guy went up and started frantically pressing both UP and DOWN buttons because he couldn't wait 2 seconds for the elevator to travel 2 floors.

The elevator door started opening and he was practically on top of the door before they even opened. Lucky for him, there was no one getting off because if someone on the other side was just as willing to get off, they would walk right into each other, and that would have just made my day, hahaha. Ohh, yes it would.

So anyway, we got on the empty elevator and we all pressed our designated floors, while he started pressing the 10th floor frantically. More people got on and with each person that got on, he sighed that the elevator is not moving yet, holding his finger on the Door Close button.

Finally, the doors closed and we started moving, but uh-oh, we're going down, not up, hahaha. The guy just started freaking out because he's obviously wasting precious time, and frantically pressing the Door Close button, still sighing like a mad-man.

In the mean time, I'm in the corner smiling, nearly laughing, because the reason why we went down in the first place, and not up, is because of his frantic pressing of the DOWN button when calling the elevator, hahaha. But I kept it to myself because I wouldn't want to be a smartass - that would be so unlike me, ahem.

Now, to top it all off, once we finally started moving up, we suddenly stopped on the 2nd floor, with no one to even get on the elevator. I was holding back laughter at this point as I could just imagine the guy burning up inside and cursing whoever did this to him.

So we finally made it to the 10th floor, and as he ran off the elevator, I held back my need to applaud the dude, that he might actually make it home in time to sit his ass down on that toilet and not soil his GAP jeans, or at least that's the only reason I could imagine someone hurrying this much for.

Lesson learned? Only press the UP button if you're in a hurry to go up, or otherwise risk looking like a goof and have me write about you on my blog upon my calm return home.

Happy Riding!

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehe i've seen this over and over again...classic story, and mythbusters actually tested the theory that if you press the elevator button will it come faster...and of corz "MYTH BUSTED". hehehehe but the DOWN button was always my biggest pet peeve...grr you're not going down why press it then!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

...but who's counting?
visitors