March 21, 2006

live entertainment.

So James Blunt is having a show tonight at Massey Hall which I am unfortunately missing. I have tried all possible ways of getting these tickets (big thanks to Radek, Lisa, Michelle, Elissa and Eva for trying, hahaha), but damn it James, you're just so damn popular that you're going to have to come back again soon so you can perform for me, because your tickets are the hardest to get, and your performance on Much Music rocked, but it wasn't enough.


I was, however, lucky to attend a great show last weekend which my friend Radek was a part of, at the Winchester Theatre in Toronto. The show, put on by Green Tea, a collective of Japanese contemporary dancers in Toronto, has received great public reviews and if my opinion matters any, I absolutely loved it (and was not paid to say this, ahem).

Radek worked closely with Dancer Keiko Kitano, Costume Designer Shingo Tokihiro, and Multimedia Artist Rick Thomson to create a piece which explored the delicate topic of gender inequality in Japanese culture. The performance will soon be available to view on Radek's
website, so check back often. Big thanks to Ewa, Karol, Daniela and Corinna for attending the show. If only I could dance like that...haha.

I am currently looking forward to seeing my friend Kim in a show which is happening this weekend, March 25th at 8pm, at the Staircase Caf­e Theatre in Hamilton. The show, entitled Improv Jam, is put on by a collective of really funny people from Ha-ha-hamilton. They are putting on an evening of improv comedy where the audience gets to participate and we all laugh our asses off....hahahahah, I can hardly wait.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger agoosia said...

HAhaha brilliant idea, cause then your GPS won't be able to find "booomilton" on its system, and there will be yet another "aga & radek get lost" episode, hahhahaha... yeah yeah, let's do that ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

...but who's counting?
visitors