February 28, 2006

ohh, ooops.

Ever been embarrassed?


Chances are you have and you either loved it or hated it. I say that because we either laughed at ourselves (and with others) when it happened, or we really just wished we had never got out of bed that morning because it was that bad. Let me share with you my story.

Did I fall off a bike? No. Did I fall off a chair? No. I fell off a bus.

I was a high school student coming home on the TTC with my bestfriend Agata on an early summer day, wearing my kilt and stockings. As our bus reached the station, we noticed a few friends from our old elementary school, which we haven't seen for about 2 years, sitting on the bus platform. The bus stopped at that same platform, and opened its doors for all the people to get off. I attempted to do the same, but my light jacket string got caught on the seat, so I was forced back down and struggled to release my string.

By the time I released my string, I was the only person left on the bus and I felt the bus driver and Agata (already on the platform) waiting for me to get off the damn bus. I hurriedly grabbed my backpack, m
y flute and I charged for the door.

As I was coming down the steps, I heard someone yell "Hey Agnes!", so I looked up to see who it was, and not paying attention to my steps but to the person calling my name, I missed one step and I flew off the bus with my arms up, and slid on my stomach like a baseball player going for homerun, right under someone's feet. I can't remember how long I was air-bourne for but it was enough to cause severe bruising on my knees and elbows as it scraped against the pavement.

As I laid there on my stomach, face down, backpack over the back of my head and a flute in one hand, I looked up to see who's feet I was at - it was infact my friend that I hadn't seen in 2 years, laughing his ass off saying: "all I said was 'hey!'". I looked to Agata and she was laughing so hard she couldn't even sound the words "are you OK?" Hahahaha, good times.

I am inviting all of you to post your embarrassing stories - not your most embarrassing stories (because I'm sure you don't want to re-live that again, hahaha), but your funniest embarrassing stories, whether you said something inappropriate, did something stupid, despite whether you were drunk or sober. Share your funny stories by posting in the comments section. Thanks!

Oh, and I just remembered another one: this one time, at band camp... err, sorry... nevermind that one, hahaha.

Happy sharing!

7 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm....embarrasing stories...hmmm...let me think about that one

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger agoosia said...

ohhh, I could think of many... hammack, ahem, hahah kidding, kidding - please don't hit ;)

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh yea, forgot about that one...that was embarrasing and its on tape too grr
(btw: your profile photo is not showing)

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger agoosia said...

Radek, are you sure about that? ahem ;) hahahha.

Ania, aren't you going to share with us this wonderful story of you and "the hammack"? And yes, you are absolutely right, I DO have it all on tape, hmmmm, interesting... hihihi :P

(btw: I love my little red 'x', thankyouverymuch.)

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away there was this princess who decided to relax on a hammack...and she flipped...the end!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger agoosia said...

hahhahah princess my ass... the hammack spit you out like you were doing it some injustice, and all the camera focused on was on this empty hammack rocking back and forth, and we were like "huh? where's ania?" and then the camera focused down to the ground and there she was going "huh? where am i?" and laughing her dirty bum off... the end! hahahha.

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey agnes, you forgot to mention the part where just before you collapsed, you had actually waved to 'jesner' and you fell just as you were looking up and waving back! honestly, this was one of THE most hilarious moments i have ever witnessed in my life. it's just impossible to even convey it. everytime i'm on the bus at kennedy station, and we are about to drive off, in the distance i see that platform and think of that faraway day... and think of agnes, falling flat on her face. adorable! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

...but who's counting?
visitors