February 23, 2006

why i stopped going to ryerson.

My friend Radek, who according to his site is a media technologist, artist and visual designer, who holds a Bachelor of Arts (with honours BTW) from Ryerson University, and has worked in numerous areas of the media industry for almost 10 years, decided to draw me a little picture today of a rocket in space. Here's why I think Ryerson ripped him off:
.
The following is an actual MSN conversation.
.
WARNING:
Some images may be disturbing.
Parental discretion strongly advised.

radek says:

agooska says:
wow, your arts degree really paid off!

radek says:
I know eh?!

agooska says:
I'm gonna show it to my mom, hahaha hold on

agooska says:
uhhh, no comment hahahhaha

agooska says:
I think that means she loves it hahaha

radek says:
uhgmm yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

agooska says:
what are the blue dots?

radek says:
they're stars

agooska says:
the stars and the sun? my gosh, what on earth are you drinking?

radek says:
what do you want, child?! And the sun is where if not in SPACE, huh!?!

radek says:
pshss, she think she’s an astronaut!

agooska says:
Yah but if you have stars, you should have the moon too, riiiiight? At least that’s how my mom always taught me.

radek says:
yah but the sun and the moon are BOTH in space!!

radek says:
my god, child = go back to SCHOOL!

agooska says:
well then why do you have one and not the other, huh?

agooska says:
revise it please! ...sheesh, no wonder my mom had no comment ... she was thinking: “what an idiot - the stars and the sun.”

radek writes:
agooska says:
ok, so now where did your stars go?


radek says:
to hell!!

agooska says:
hahahaha, to hell with your arts degree!! You got ripped off, go get your money back!


And that, my friends, is why I stopped going to Ryerson.

UPDATE:

I was eating lunch today with a few friends from work in the boardroom, and Janice, who read this post this morning, said to me: Isn't that Radek's sun and moon? Referring to the following piece of art.


I wonder if the artist of this piece had a Bachelor of FINE Arts from Ryerson University.

6 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger agoosia said...

FINE then! ...still think they ripped you off.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are u sure he's not just using acting skills in this drawing by getting into a child's character!?

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger agoosia said...

Radek? A child? niepossible!

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't making fun of your art, Radek, honestly, truly, cross my heart. But there are similarities ....

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

see that's the adult version of sun and moon...so I was right...in art you always have to fall into a character...in this case..of a child ;) anyway you look at it it's art.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger agoosia said...

Oh yes, now I can tell that it was a Fine Arts Degree. Fine words, my friend - cookie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

...but who's counting?
visitors